Saturday, July 09, 2005

Safe and Sound

I've realized that with the events that have occured over the the last 36 hours that I don't mail home enough. These thoughts ring my head - who will think something happened to me? Will someone tell them? Would anyone think to ask? But this type of tradegy sparks contact and suddenly you're hearing from people you haven't spoken to in years - you're in Rehab? I'm sure I'd love to wave at seagulls in the Pacific. Wow-3 kids in 3 years? All by surrogate mums? And you haven't bathed in all that time? Crazy...

Over the past couple of years, I kept thinking of becoming one of these blogger types. Blogging away instead of working...making my life all about my new blog wallpaper, who else is in the blog ring, is this font really the best way to go. So after all that? Here I am.

But seriously, it's surreal here. We're all meant to keep working, to keep our heads up and I just can't concentrate. Just can't get my head around it all. I just can't think. Or keep thinking - God. I'm lucky. I'm so lucky. They're still pulling bodies out from under the ground and I'm sitting at my computer at home having a decaf coffee and chinese take-away. It could be any other day. If only I could get the image of the blown apart bus out of my head. The red blood on the walls. The news saying they can't confirm the number of dead in that explosion. Without telling us, we all know it's becuase there aren't enough parts to identify.

But I will be writing on this from now on. So check back every now and then and add comments when you want, let me know what you are up to and let me know if you are coming to stay. It's OK. London is fine. Please visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home