Sunday, February 08, 2009

My Wii

Now I've succumbed to the craze. I didn't mean to as I haven't been into video games since I was a kid. We started off with a Vic 20 and then progressed to our own Nitendo Console where we spent hours playing Super Mario Brothers 1, 2 and 3 alongside the ever famous Duck Hunt. I'm surprised my mom even let me play that one as she didn't allow guns (plastic, cap or otherwise) into the house. But my nights of playing upside down, sideways and right side up on the sofa ended as puperty began so I've never really bothered with consoles. Until now.

The Wii. It's fun. It's so much fun. I just got Wii Fit and I've used it every day since I bought it. I keep going - one more. I'll just do one more. Oh. I unlocked something. I'll have to try that first. Then an hour has passed. My muscles are actually getting a workout and I'm having fun at the same time! Amazing! The funniest thing about the Wii fit (other than the virtual male trainer's ponytail) is some of the warnings in the operations manual for the Balance Board. I'm sure they are very useful but I found them humorous...

WARNING: SEIZURES

To reduce the probability of a seizure when playing video games:
  • Sit or stand as far from the screen as possible
  • Play video games on the smallest available TV screen
  • Do not play if you are tired or need sleep
  • Play in a well-lit room
  • Take a 10-15 minute break every hour, even if you don't think you need it

Now most of the video games addicts...I mean players...break all those rules on a regular basis. I don't remember those warnings on any of the video game consoles I've ever played though. It also said that you should stop playing if you get convulsions, eye or muscle twitching, loss awareness, altered vision, involuntary movements, or disorientation....um. Yes. I would call a doctor immediately if that happened. I just hope it isn't video game related. Actually I just hope I never get it at all.

Amongst other warnings, it also says to stop use immediately if any foriegn matter or liquid touches it. This includes water, juice or....pet urine. It actually says that in the manual. Ah. Bless-ed Nitendo. You think of everything. I'm glad I don't have a pet. I think I'd kill it if it decided to pee on my £70 balance board. And by kill I mean give away (or maybe kill).

I will keep you up-to-date on my Wii progress but if you hear of any kick-ass games or know where I can get guitar hero for cheap, please let me know...I don't think I'll be leaving my house anytime soon.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home