Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Package

This morning I woke to the ring of the doorbell. As this is the first weekend without builders in three weeks, I wasn't too pleased. But as that time of the morning usually meant the post (and not JWs or crazy exs that the afternoons have brought me before), I crossed my fingers and hoped it was something for me.

The finger thing obviously worked and there was a packet from my mom and everyone in my fam. I thought - ahhhh. Easter present. How sweet. Only 10 days late, but that's the post for ya. So I open it up and inside is a sparkly top (care of my brother), Luna Bars (my favorite sports bar treat) and a card. In a red envelope. Hmmmm. I open it and read "Happy Valentine's!" Huh? Check the outside of the envelope. The postmark is 8 Feb. Only 2 months and 10 days to get to me. Only? Ugh. I just hope they realize that it takes that long to arrive by dog sled/ canoe/ hitchhiking/ side car/ tug boat/ carrier pigeon (or whichever cheap way they are trying to send the post these days. Once a script arrived in Canada looking like it had taken a bath on route. Thanks Canada Post for making my script so clean, but so you know for next time, paper and water aren't meant to go together). So I wasn't being rude and forgot to thank them. It was the post. Really.

Oh. And if my family is reading this, thank you, thank you, thank you. It was lovely to get a care package, especially in the middle of building chaos. I ate a Luna bar immediately upon receipt. BEST. BREAKFAST. EVER. EVER. EVER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home