Friday, June 26, 2009

Good bye my silver-gloved friend

I was at Gwyneth Herbert's CD launch (it's amazing by the way - you should buy it now on www.gwynethherbert.com), when someone came up to me and said "Michael Jackson's dead." I was too shocked to believe it could be true. We both said, we'll wait until it's confirmed. It must be a cruel joke.

But it wasn't.

It's not the man now that I mourn for, but the boy who sang a love song to his frog. As a 6-year old music video addict, I watched countless MJ videos. I had a stylish shirt with that man and his silver glove. I wanted a flat cap when he dueted with McCartney. I even had a Thriller slide for my view finder.

I feel like I lost a friend. A touch of my childhood. Goodbye Micheal Jackson. I hope your duet with Presley is as good as I think it would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home