Thursday, July 21, 2005

Again...

There have been more explosions. 3 underground and 1 on a bus. More. I can't believe it. They think that they were just detonators so there was no structural damages and no one was killed but if there had have been...the tubes are being evacuated. Read more what the BBC says. This is what they are saying other people are saying.

Now 6 lines are closed on the tube: Bakerloo, piccadilly, victoria, northern, waterloo and city and Hammersmith and city. Also all of the Kings Cross Thames Link is down...which now explains to me why the overground line at Upper Holloway had police tape up and a policeman waiting there. They've even evacuated the entirety of Shepard's Bush.

They say that up to 250 bags have been left unattended since July 7th. Come on people. Let's get serious.

They've also just arrested someone in Whitehall...what is going on? About 20 yards from Number 10.

It's all confusion here. No one knows what is happening. London has been put on alert beyond a red alert. I am watching the news online right now. We are told to stay put.

Tonight I was meant to host Nathan's Edinburgh preview. It was postponed from July the 7th when the first preview was set to happen. He'll call me in an hour. We've been joking (as there's nothing else to do but joke to keep sane) that it's this rival poetry group Aisle 16 trying to get his preview cancelled. Reports say that it sounded like champagne corks popping...maybe it was them being middleclass leaving us in a state of champagne terrorism...

Was that in bad taste? Maybe it is...you just don't know what to say after this happens again. What's next? I don't want to know.

It's scary. I always pride myself that I am a strong and capable person. But when things like this happen...it's terror attacks. It'll make us no longer want to leave our flats. I think I'm going to start biking. Everywhere. All I have to worry about is all the bicycle theives. I will update when I know more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you are ok. Someone came into work and said "Sarah there were more bombs in London...I was like shit not again I hope she is ok.

Stay Safe.

21/7/05 16:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home