Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Paris (not Hilton) : the Interview

Ok. I wrote a long and complicated post complete with pics about the Aran Islands and then poof. It was gone. In the meantime, I went with my sis and Dad to Paris. So this blog is a special interview edition with my sister.

Heather: So Paris. Is it really the city of lights?

Sarah: Lights, eh? At night yes, it is the city of lights. Complete with the cheesy eiffel tower light show which I missed due to the fact that I was in the queue to get to the top. But on top, the city was full of lights.

Heather: You can be funny if you want.

Sarah: Meh.

Heather: So did you like it on top?

Sarah: I always do. Was that funny?

Heather: That will do.

Sarah: I guess you can say it was a bit windy and crowded...BUT - the poor girl who was afraid of heights and made it to the top and survived. Woohoo!

Heather : Can you recall any memorable moments that stick out over the course of our 3 day trip?

Sarah : Well...the first one that sticks out is the recycled bread. It was 11 pm when we finally got to a restaurant after being denied dinner on the second floor of the eifle tower (they had the audicity of being booked! How could they? The Taylor sisters (and pops) were in town ). As we waiting for them to set the table, you (Heather that is) pointed out that there were baskets amoungst the bread in a larger basket. You insisted that there was a bite taken out of one. Everyone else couldn't believe it until I saw the man remove the bread from the basket and then return unused bread to the basket. Yuck. Then I was sick. End of story.

Heather: Is that all that you remember from your trip?

Sarah: The Centre Pompodeau (sp?). I could go back there for 3 days to just hang out in the pink room with the red shoe. It was there and it was big. Sarah Jessica Parker's personal wet dream.

Heather : All I know is that there is a blister on my little toe the size of Rhode Island. I would've said New Jersey, but that was too big - my blister's big but it ain't that big and I ain't no liar.

Sarah: Eww...feet.

Heather: Weren't you the girl I had feet fights with?

Sarah: And that is why I hate feet. Thanks. Thanks a lot!

Heather: Back to Paris. Was the Mona Lisa all that?

Sarah: I could see it's appeal. Couldn't get too close due to the crowd but I'm very glad I got to see it. Personally, I think the man carrying a dog in a sling on his bike edged ahead of the painting Dan Brown rode on the coat tails of. This amazing dog/man feat was followed closely by the one man accordian/ trumpet/ trombone/ singing and drums band placing the immortal smile in third of sights to see in Paris.

Heather: I personally think that the Venus de Milo was a better show then miss Lisa. With miss Venus, it's like she breathes. But....is made of stone. Quite a feat don't you think?

Sarah: Why yes. I agree. It made me take a big breath as you mentioned it.

Heather: Anything else you want to share with our fellow bloggers? A top ten perhaps?

Sarah: Hmmm. I'd go with -
1) Enjoy one cafe...or 10.
2) Be sure to eat a pain au chocolate twice a day.
3) Beware of the half-cooked salmon at the recycled bread restaurant. You think they got the English wrong and meant half a cooked Salmon but the other wording is more appropriate.
4) Wear shoes that aren't flip flops or new trainers. Ouch. Double ouch.
5) See the Effiel tour at night. C'est manufique (Heather's spelling, not mine!).
6) Look out for the tiniest lift in Paris. It was in our hotel. It also sported a curtainless shower and no water pressure. Yeehaw 2 star hotels!
7) Don't lose your museum card, Heather. Oh wait you did. Thank goodness Dad is named Brian which easily turns into the name Brianne. Oh Brianne. I always wanted a sister named Brianne. I finally got a cheerleader for a sister.
8) If you see the 1 Euro water outside the museum, be afraid...very afraid. Once again with the recycling. Not sure where the bottles came from, but if you pay that Euro, you'd be drinking from it.
9) The cheese was very strong in Paris. Most if it came from our Dad's brain. Master cheese maker in the flesh. We are merely his apprentices. (said in unison with Heather) Oh so much much to learn - you owe me a coke.
10) Dad's are great at carrying shopping bags. Even better then donkeys. Or camels. Except donkeys and camels don't wear watches and worry about missing the train - when we're on the platform!

Heather: Top ten indeed. Letterman eat your heart out. Any questions for me?

Sarah: What was the worst moment of the trip?

Heather: At previously mentioned bread recycling establishment, they brought me out my food twice with cheese even after specifically saying I could have none (and yes...I said it in French as well as english) 1.5 hours after Sarah had recieved and ate her half cooked salmon, I recieved a bowl of plain pasta with a spattering of quick French. The worst moment lasted from that point until he brought out tomato sauce. It was...well it was the most expensive pasta dish I've ever had of that...um...standard. And we didn't even get it taken off the bill for being something completely different then what I ordered (and I had to wait for 1.5 hours and it was 12:30 in the am by that point!). If only I knew how to complain in French. I'm good at complaigning about service in English. I'm an expert. Damn my French worthy of 2 year olds.

Sarah: So....how WERE the Frenchmen. You were gone for sometime looking for your museum pass. Was it really lost?

Heather: I'd like to say it was eventful but standing at the perfume shop trying to get the attention of a clerk to ask if they saw my pass was not the best time for a chat up line. He thought I spoke French, and the clerk thought I lost some bath beads. We tried to talk but all I could think about was that previous to verbal conversation he was staring at my breasts plus he was in the queue to buy ladies perfume. For his mom? Or him, or...I'm not too sure.

Sarah: Anything else?

Heather: What do you think?

Sarah: Time to sleep. Rest my feet...and enjoy my secret purchase from France.

Heather: Don't want to know. I'll make sure to knock before I wake you in the morning.

Sarah: Eww. Cigarettes. I meant cigarettes, sicko.

Heather: I tells them as I sees them.

Sarah: Still...make sure you knock in the morning.

Heather: Ummmmmm. Ok. Girl's gotta do what a...I can't even finish that. I'm in the next room. And she's my sister. And Dad's 30 minutes away. What would Freud say? Probably "go for it" but I say time to sign off. Come back for further installments over the next 12 days - interview style.

I'm Heather Taylor signing off. Stay Sunny San Fransisco...and Edmonton amd London and Paris and Dallas and...you get my drift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home