Monday, November 16, 2009

Run 1: Running in the Rain



Of course it’s raining on the first day of my new running regime. All the other weeks I thought of running and then didn’t, this would have stopped me. Not today. On went the workout wear, the trainers and out I went.
Rain actually feels nice when running – if it’s not too cold or windy. Today was not too bad. One minute running. Slightly out of breath by the end of it. Embarrassing. Three minutes of walking I can do...then I round the corner to walk down a path cutting through Clapham Common and a woman collapses in the middle of it. Walking was cut short as I ran to help.

A man walking a dog beat me to her and was on the phone to the ambulance. She mumbled incoherently as she came to. By the time the man convinced the ambulance (yes, he had to convince them!) to come, the woman was trying to stand. She suddenly said she was fine and thanked us for the help but she had to go. We tried to convince her to wait but no dice.

Nothing more either of us could do, I continued running. I finished and felt not too bad even if the rain got heavier near the end. End of day one. We’ll see how my legs feel tomorrow!

Photo by mnomono

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home