Friday, July 22, 2005

Suspicion

Police shoot suspected suicide bomber in London...

Was he? Is our paranoia running unleashed or is this true?

Mr Whitby, told BBC News: "I was sitting on the train reading my paper. "I heard a load of noise, people saying, 'Get out, get down'! "I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three plain-clothes police officers. "One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him. "I saw the gun being fired five times into the guy - he's dead."

The result? Two London underground lines - Northern and Victoria are reported to have been closed. These are the two lines that run through Stockwell station.

I hear that and then read passengers on the northern line said a man was walking through carriages with a rucksack. The train was held at Kennington on the northern line as there was a report of a suspicious man on a southbound train, a spokesman for British transport police said." Police held a man but he appeared to be innocent of any wrongdoing, he said. What if they would've just shot him...I hope that the man they killed did do something wrong. I wouldn't like to think what's happening to us otherwise.

BBC News 24 is now reporting that armed police have surrounded the East London mosque on Whitechapel Street and are telling people to stay indoors. Police have taken dogs into the mosque and they are reports of "two suspect pakcages" in the mosque although this could just be a false alarm.

This is becoming an everyday thing...do I keep writing my family and letting them know I'm OK or just let them assume that I am? There are rumours flying around everywhere. There is supposedly a website saying that these strikes on the 'infedel Britian' will continue until all offending European parties are out of Iraq. That as the 'heart of Europe,' we are where they need to strike.

I think - what am I doing here. I work on a fitness website. I write poems and plays. Surely there is something I should do to make being somewhere where safety is becoming more fragile, worthwhile. It's not persuing folkdancing....just not sure what it is yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to keep that in mind exercise tip

24/10/05 02:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home