Sunday, August 13, 2006

And on the 9th day...

...the tour guide said rest.

It's late Sunday afternoon and both my Dad and sister, Sarah, are sleeping. My Dad on the couch, my sister on the bed and me - I'm on my other couch typing. We were all supposed to go see the outsiders at Somerset house at 7 but instead everyone is sleeping and we've lost our £13 each on unused tickets. But sleep makes arguements go away like what happened this morning between me and my sister. It happens sometimes but not the best way to convince someone that they should move to London because you want them there.

So these past 9 days have been tired ones. As Sarah and I haven't seen each other in a year and a half, we are up until 3 everyday and then I'm up early every morning working my 2.5 jobs and trying to make sure they don't get lost until we meet up that evening. I also forgot how many questions people ask when they don't know a place. I should have boned up! I bet I wasn't as good a tour guide as I thought I'd be :)

Tomorrow my dad leaves to head back to Canada which is strange as we've been together everyday for a week. It doesn't feel like it though. I think it may be the longest we've spent together since I was 8 or maybe ever. It's nice yet odd - you know? Especially as I'm now 28.

We're all keeping an eye out on the airlines at the moment. Sarah's freaking out that her very very expensive camera won't be able to come on as a carry on as there are no carry ons allowed and my Dad is worried because he has to put expensive jewlery in his suitcase and there's always rumours about things going missing...not that I think they will but...well...you never know. So here's hoping they ease up a bit. I'm glad they're diligent but it's nice to load up your carry on so you don't have to pay extra for your overweight suitcases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home