Friday, June 23, 2006

101 things in 1001 days

OK so this is a list of things that I will complete (aka TRY to complete) in the next 1001 days. That's 3 years people so let's get cracking. A couple of them are ongoing but I tried to make them all one offs. That way you know if you've finished them. When I am done one I'll put it in bold so you can see that I've been a good girl. I'm excited actually! There's lots of things I always wanted to do but put off. Now I'm going to have to do them...you all are watching, aren't you?

NOTE (8 February, 2009): I know that I've done some of these things but I can't remember the dates so I'm going through and just bolding and putting a star by the ones I have done and don't know the date as I haven't updated this for awhile...

1) Enter a contest every two months for a year
2) Make a short film [March 1, 2007: This is the date I was asked to have "The Night Before" filmed but it should be in my hot little hands by September...woohoo!]
3) Get a travel story published [November, 2008: I'm going to count my Canadian in England Podcast called "How I Ended up on a Small Island" on http://peopletalk.libsyn.com/]
4) Learn to surf [January 12, 2007: I was on Bondi beach and I was body surfing...I know it's not standing up but I thought that's pretty close...I'll do it standing up too, I promise!]
5) See the Sphinx and the Pyramids (in their natural setting)
6) Ride the London Eye [August 10, 2006: My fam were here and we finally did it! Horrah. it was ok...]
7) Spend Christmas with my family [December 25, 2006 : Arrived home right on Christmas Day and my family was waiting for me for lots of hugs. Ahhhh Christmas!]
8) Go to Australia [January 5 - 15, 2007 : I was there babeee!]
9) See a play in the amphatheatre in Greece (or just see it if no plays are on)
10) Throw a dinner party [June, 2008: My guests got sick and other replacement guests came but it still happened and was all home made! Thank you to Jamie Oliver for his inspiring recipes on TV]
11) Produce my "house" show
12) Learn how to pole dance
13) Re-take up yoga
14) Organize my room [June 15, 2006 : done and dusted]
15) And keep it that way for 3 months (minimum)...
16) Throw away things I don't need immediately (for a month)
17) Get 8 hours of sleep once a week for 4 weeks
18) Host/ co-host/ guest host a radio show
19) Write a novel
20) Get an agent [May 15, 2007: The lovely Michelle Arnold from Dench Arnold is my agent...and she is trying to get me a good deal on my film.]
21) Go to the Venice mask festival
22) Knit a scarf
23) Make a quilt
24) Enter everyone's birthday into my calender with their e-mail addresses
25) E-mail my friends on their birthday for one year
26) Say no to going out when I want to stay home and veg (the first time is always the hardest!) at least 3 times. [Feb, 2009: Not sure when I officially completed the three but I did it on Friday so it's well over three]
27) Buy new sexy sleepwear just for me (mmmm....satiny) [29 June, 2006 : Bought two satiny numbers and a new robe that reflects that satiny nature. Now when my ex gives me back my stuff, it'll be a complete set! And no...I'm not posting pictures]
28) Grow a windowbox and keep it alive. [24 June, 2006 : I walked my pretty little self over to homebase and got myself some dirt, a long green pot and a couple lavender plants. It's all set up outside my window - now let's hope it helps me sleep!]
29) Perform in New York
30) Send my play "home" to all the theatre companies in Canada
31) Get my masters [September, 2008: Got my MA with Distinction in Plays and Scripts. Woohooooo! Now all I have to do is have the official graduation which is IN MAY!]
32) Teach a college class/ workshop [November, 2008 : I taught a screenwriting class for the now defunct The South in Brighton]
33) Bake the Vegetarian version of a steak and kidney pie that I saw on TV [February, 2009: I've now lost the recipe. But I've made tons of other things from TV especially for my dinner party so that should count, right?]
34) Try meditation
35) Pay off one credit card [20 January, 2007 : All credit Cards paid off. Wahay!]
36) Learn how to drive stick
37) Drive a car in England [January, 2009: Drove for the first time in seven years. In London. In rush hour. I thought I was going to die...]
38) Go to a twenties night and dance as a flapper
39) Teach writing in Australia
40) Go to the Austin International Poetry festival
41) Ride a cable car in San Fransisco [15 January, 2007 : Me and Kobrinsky rode all the way to the Fisherman's Wharf. Awesome!]
42) See the Golden Gate bridge [15 January, 2007 : It was in the distance and I got pictures to prove it]
43) Go tobagganing [31 December, 2006 : Jonathan, Leah and I joined Olivier on the slopes and we had a grand, though bruising time. Ouch it hurts]
44) Make a snow angel [31 December, 2006 : I witnessed it from inside a hottub in a snowy backyard. I made the person do it in leiu of me. I'm counting it!]
45) Build a snowman (or a fort if there is enough snow) [February, 2009: I made a snowwoman with Sara in Clapham Common! How awesome and unexpected is that?]
46) Answer my e-mails when I get them and then file them for one month
47) Go to the dentist [September 14, 2006 : Teeth cleaned, no cavities. Wa-hay!]
48) Do all the exercise videos in my house at least once as a reminder that they are not just pretty boxes to look at.
49) Visit a castle [August 13, 2006: Went to the Tower of London. It is a castle and then a jail. Oooo fancy. And I saw the crown jewels. Exciting...and sparkly!]
50) Get kick ass prescription hayfever medicine [29 June, 2006 : I picked it up but I have not given it a try yet. But I know it will be the ticket to sleep-filled nights. Go antihistamine!]
51) Go on a road trip [25 - 30 December, 2006 : We travelled all over Alberta to see relatives...so tired.]
52) Watch the sunrise
53) Go on a hike [14 January, 2007 : Hiked in the Blue Mountains in Katoomba - the Prince Henry Cliff Walk. A beautiful one though a couple bobtails gave me a fright!]
54) See Anne of Green Gables house in PEI
55) Follow the transcanada across the county
56) Conquer my fear of dogs
57) Get allergy shots [14 June, 2007: Starting with the dog shots. Fingers crossed I'll be allergy free one day soon!]
58) Reorganize fianances so I have a budget!
59) Go camping and watch the stars
60) Take one night/ day off to myself a week for a month
61) Say no to 3 things I want to do but shouldn't
62) Hang out with Melissa's new baby Danielja [30 December, 2006 : Gave her the cutest jumper and took TONS of pics! Cutest. Baby. Ever!]
63) Set up a friend and family e-mail list (to send out once a month) [22 December, 2006 : Even sent my Christmas message out...]
64) Stop chewing my nails [22 September, 2006 : Once I got fake nails, I stopped chewing...the nail part at least.]
65) Get a manicure/ pedicure [September 9, 2006 : My birthday - gave myself a manicure and a new set of gel nails. They are soooo pretty. Now I need a pedicure.]
66) Do a residential writing course
67) Do yoga on the beach (mmm...hawaii)
68) Volunteer for something even if it's for a day
69) Stop paying for things I don't use [February, 2009: I finally got rid of all extra payments. Some of them for a rediculous amount of time.]
70) Finish the short film script for Atif [30 March, 2007 : "Phone Card" done and dusted.]
71) Lose 10 pounds
72) Buy new mascara [2 December, 2006 : Yay Superdrug.]
73) Go to Ladies day at Ascot
74) Make a dress
75) Don't look in the mirror for a day
76) Take part in buy nothing day
77) Smile at 5 people on the tube in one day
78) Have a Godfather marathon complete with Spaghetti [January, 2007 (I think): It was linguine but I think that's not the point. ]
79) Take a snowboarding lesson (one last try!)
80) Give my unwanted stuff to charity [30 July, 2006 : Did it. Clothes in a bag to charity. Unfortunately so went one of my red shoes and my orthopedic insoles that cost me $300 5 years ago. Maybe I better keep a better eye out in future]
81) Go to Kew Gardens
82) Go whitewater rafting
83) Organize my filing cabinet
84) See FooFighters live
85) Visit my great aunt in Lincolnshire
86) See a Wimbledon match
87) Visit my mates in Vancouver/ victoria
88) Take a milk bath
89) Try a class about psycic ability
90) Have my fortune told [16 June, 2007 : had my palm read. I will live a happy fruitful life]
91) Learn how to do a backflip
92) Go Kayaking [7 January, 2007 : We all went paddling in a canoe - some call it a Kayak.]
93) Do a strip tease
94) Go apple picking
95) Have a treasure hunt
96) Play Manhunt
97) See the coral reef
98) Take Becky out for a drink (she's 18 now!) [30 December, 2006 : She got the girliest drink ever - Monkey's Lunch and she didn't like it. But at least a drink was had!]
99) Meet Corb Lund
100) See Death Cab for Cutie live
101) Have a full-length play produced [4 February, 2007 : Full length radio play "Prisms" on Resonance FM]

Wow. 101 things! I can't believe it...I actually did it. Well, I wrote the list. Now it's all about the doing. Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

When you get to number 93 could you let me know please!

28/6/07 16:25  
Blogger Heather "Tails" Taylor said...

I'll let you know what my boyfriend thinks...

28/6/07 23:40  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, just trying to be funny, guess that backfired. Good luck with your list......and your boyfriend is a lucky man.

29/6/07 08:54  
Blogger Heather "Tails" Taylor said...

Darn it, I got that you were being funny and I thought I'd be funny too in response...hmmm....maybe being funny in the comment section isn't meant to be! I'll let you know how it goes ;)

29/6/07 10:04  
Blogger Unknown said...

Humour is sometimes difficult to convey on these things. I just assume that because I am always cheeky and looking for a laugh it will come across that way..........

You'll let me know how it goes, now that's just teasing! (smiling).
Have fun

29/6/07 10:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home