Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Songs you should sing out loud

Here's a little game via Alice.

The Rules

Step 1: Put your iPod/MP3 player or iTunes on random.

Step 2: Post the first line(s) from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.

Step 3: Post it on your blog and let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.

Step 4: Update the list with the song title when someone guesses correctly. (I will identify any unguessed songs by next week some time.)

Step 5: Make your guesses by leaving a comment or sending me email. You have to identify both title and artist, and you're not allowed to Google any of these, either!!

1. In a forest of stone underneath a corporate canopy where the sun barely filters down [Kobrinsky: "Not So Soft" by Ani Difranco]

2. My girl's a lier but I'll stand beside her

3. I don't mind the weather

4. Walked around my good intentions and found that there were none [Brad: "4 am" by Our Lady Peace]

5. There's a man going round taking names [Brad: "The Man Comes Around" by Johnny Cash]

6. Hey can you coat everyday to suit your affairs

7. We're drinking and we're dancing and the band is really happenin'

8. Glamourous indie rock and roll is what I want [Lindsay: "Glamourous indie rock and roll" by The Killers]

9. When she goes storming out, I run for cover

10. I'm gonna shine up my boots, I'm gonna go into town [Sarah: "(Gonna) Shine up my boots" by Corb Lund Band (go Edmonton!)]

11. Open my eyes; Had a dream last night that both my arms were broken.

12. When I think of those east end lights, muggy nights

13. When I was sitting waiting wishing you believed in superstitions

14. I have a recurrent dream everytime I lose my voice

15. If I look down this room, it's not so old I'd move

16. Good-bye Norma Jean [Alice: "Candle in the Wind" by Elton John]

17. 2 am, she calls me cause I'm still awake [Gwen: "Breathe" by Anna Nalick (though Gwen didn't give the correct artist, it's a hard one so I'm giving it to her. Plus it's my fav song at the moment)]

18. Take some dried up ball point, lemon juice and water

19. Good and bad I swear I've had both

20. This is the last time that I will say these words

OK...some are obvious but alot are obscure...goooooood luck!! No cheating...

6 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

#16 - Candle In the Wind by Elton John

Aaaaaand I'm done.

21/6/06 15:21  
Blogger Bradeus said...

#5 Johnny Cash, The Man Comes Around.

Yeah, uh, that's all I've got.

22/6/06 22:07  
Blogger Gwen said...

17. "Breathe"... I don't know who sings it. Vanessa Carlton?

22/6/06 22:28  
Blogger Bradeus said...

#4: "4 am" by Our Lady Peace.

Good CanCon there Heather, the CRTC would approve.

22/6/06 23:39  
Blogger Heather "Tails" Taylor said...

I'm all about the CanCon - I'm actually being watched by the CRTC as we speak. Shhhh...I'm listening to Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi just ain't from Canada no matter how many times Canadians listen to it. They'll kick my ass if they find out...so shush now, ya hear?

23/6/06 01:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 Not So Soft by Ani Difranco?

23/6/06 21:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home