Monday, November 23, 2009

Run 4: what's with the weather?

On Friday, my friend made an observation. Starting to run in November is not an easy task nor is it something most people do. This morning, not only did I have to contend with it being Monday, but it was was raining sideways. Now I'm not intending to make all of my talk of running be also all about the weather (though it makes me feel rather British) but I'm rather proud that I got up and did it despite the weather.

As the start of the second week, my running time has increased so it's now 1 minute running and 2 minutes walking. You do it 6 times, so 18 minutes total. I did a bit more running then in the plan - I found running in that weather much better then walking in it.

Going through Clapham Common I had an entire extended family of geese settling on the path in front of me. Like a little goose crossing. They scattered and didn't fuss too much when I went by which was great - geese can be a bot snappy and tempermental.

Unfortunately once I was done I couldn't do my yoga - during my internal debate what I should do about the weather (while um...lounging in bed), I didn't leave myself enough time to do that and get to work. So off to work I went.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home