Wednesday, June 28, 2006

2 years and counting...

OK. OK. This is a long way away, I know....but I have to say it now. We're going on a......drum roll....ROAD TRIP. Yep. Summer 2008, some special ladies (not sure of who's all in yet - but it's such a good idea, how could anyone resist) will be jumping in an RV in Halifax to make our way across Canada to end in Vancouver. That's right - across the WHOLE country. With 3 weeks of freedom on our backs, we'll hit every province (except Newfoundland - it's just not on the way - sorry Newfies! It doesn't mean we don't love you!), stay with friends, park on roadsides and sleep in the back, see enough prairies to last our lifetime.

What's the most exciting of course, is that I'm going to be able to tick off a number of my items on my to-do list such as:

51) Go on a road trip
54) See Anne of Green Gables house in PEI
55) Follow the transcanada across the county
87) Visit my mates in Vancouver/ victoria

I may even be able to:
52) Watch the sunrise
53) Go on a hike
59) Go camping and watch the stars
67) Do yoga on the beach
82) Go whitewater rafting
92) Go Kayaking
94) Go apple picking

It's freak-in awesome. And it's 2 years away. £50 a month for 2 years...and it's golden. Yes - I'm excited already....I just can't help it! I get excited about things. And we'll make sure to document the whole thing. Who knows, I may be able to get a travel story published afterwards. Not that everything is about the list, but it's fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bradeus said...

Two years away, huh? I'll probably still be in town. Look me up if we're still on "commenting terms" when you're passing through Toronto.

28/6/06 12:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to join in when you come through Edmonton. But who knows if I'll still be here. I may be in London with you...well I guess not with you since you will be on a road trip but I think you get what I am saying. My friends and I are planning a trip to Greece that year and I was going to ask you to join. So maybe you should save 100 pounds a month instead. I love ya!

28/6/06 16:27  
Blogger Alice said...

WOOOOOO! Road trip 2008! Wooooooooo!

29/6/06 11:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home